Okey dokey. Three of my favourite recipes for sauces and marinades. Proud of these.
Garlic Ginger and Five Spice
Balsamic and Mustard
Peanut and Sweet Chilli marinade/sauce or dip for that matter!
These are all designed by myself to be used for tempeh (fermented soya cake), high in protein, low in fats. I am making this stuff from the raw soy bean my kitchen next time around. Its amazing stuff, tasty, holds well in all cooking, you can steam it, bake it, fry it, roast it. We love it!
Garlic, Ginger and Five Spice Marinade
- 60 ml soy sauce
- 2 table spoons maple syrup or algave syrup
- 1 table spoon cider vinegar
- One crushed garlic clove
- Half teasp ginger ground
- half teasp five spice
- 30 ml vegetable oil
Mix together add slices or cubes (for kebabs) of steamed tempeh and allow to steep in the marinade until your ready for it (at least 30 minutes)
Balsamic and Mustard Marinade
- 60ml balsamic vinegar (best you can buy)
- 30 ml soy sauce
- Table spoon maple syrup or agarve
- 2 teasp Djon mustard or English
- Clove of garlic minced
Peanut and Sweet Chilli Marinade/Sauce/Dip 🙂
The bestest marinade of the lot! Couples as a dip, sauce or anything else.. Totally DE…. Lushious!
- 60ml sweet chilli sauce
- 2 table spoons Peanut butter
- 2 table spoons cider vinegar
- juice of half a lemon
- Half teasp. black molasses / treacle – really added to improve appearance, but it also improved and bound all the flavours together as well.